Saturday, October 19, 2013

Popular Culture

When I was growing up my dad would always call me a Pop Culture Princess.  For many years I accepted the title without real knowledge of what it meant.  Today I understand and, at times, boast the nickname.  I am fascinated by entertainment and the media.  

I went to Oregon State for a couple of years occasionally taking, and usually enjoying, classes in Social Media.  I moved onto Portland Community College for a couple terms and dabbled at getting my certificate in Multimedia.  I have gotten off the school track for a term or two, but I have plans on returning to complete my certificate.  

Movies are my number one interest.  I find every aspect of film enchanting.  In my spare time I am usually found watching interviews with actors, behind the scene footage, or interviews with Conan O'Brien.  

Speaking of Conan, I also love comedy.  I enjoy watching stand up comedy, as well as watching "Arrested Development" type television--"The Office", "Wilfred", etc...

I am constantly listening to music.  I listen to a wide variety of music, and enjoy it all immensely   I am always on the search for new music and I appreciate social media because it allows me to share my finds. 

Enough about me.  I hope this blog will serve as a good venue for me to share my pop culture finds, and thoughts regarding them.

Cheers, 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment